Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Chandelier Nail Tutorial

Hey Guys,
Time for a new tutorial! We will being doing a design inspired by chandeliers. This design will require a lot more patience especially If you are doing your right hand (and vice versa for lefties) so yea, be patient and have fun!
This is what we will be working on today. This is my right hand since I liked how this turned out more. But I will be showing the tutorial with my left hand.
Supplies : Gold and white acrylic paint. A gray polish. (Im using 'Armed and Ready' Essie)
one dotting tool; we will be using the smaller dotting side, and a thin paintbrush.
First before I put base coat, I used the garlic method to strengthen my nails first. 
Start off with base coat.
Apply a gray polish. I used 2 coats.
Pour out some white and gold paint.
Now mix it till you get this color. I mixed white with gold because the metallic gold paint is too thin, mixing it with the white will give it a thicker consistency so that it will be easy to draw on your nails.
Put 3 dots on top of nail.
On the 3rd dot, draw three lines branching out from it like so.
On the middle dot branch out 2 curvy lines.
From the side lines branch out 2 curvy lines that over lap the middle ones.
Draw 2 dots on bottom.
From the last dot, branch out 2 upside-down curves.
Now on the same dot on top, draw 2 curved line facing up.
Using the dotting tool, put dots on each of the ends of the lines and where ever else you think looks nice.
Now onto the decorations
On the pinkie place dots like shown.
The other fingers are not chandeliers so place lines connecting from dot to dot wherever you want. kinda like lace. do the same to the other nails.
See theres no set pattern, place connecting lines as you wish. Only the ring finger is a chandelier.
The thumb is just  a random design

 This is my right hand
Right hand.

Thanks for reading and keep following for more updates!






2 comments:

  1. Soooo fricking beautifull!!!! Oh my jesus you're crazy, but I love it!! <3
    Can't wait for the next one! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahh~ May I just ask...WHY ARE YOU SO COOL? LOL<3 It looks amazing in person~
    Forever waiting for your next post~
    -Sara:)

    ReplyDelete