Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

How to REMOVE Rhinestones/Nail art

Hey guys,
I recently did that tutorial where I used Rhinestones for nail art, but when I tried to take if off...I had a little trouble. I went all over the internet to find tips on how to remove them but I couldn't find any. So I took it off my way. This tutorial will show you guys how I did it and I hope it helps! :)
Okay so I took everything off but one nail. As you can see, there are 3 rhinestones on it.

So take any nail polish remover and put it on a tissue/cotton swab
SATURATE the tissue with remover so that its soaked then wrap around nail and press down. LEAVE it like that for about 3 minutes. You might have to do this twice but its still much faster than just rubbing your nail polish off.
Now it should look like this. Everything should be off except the gems. Time to take these off too!

Now Grab a pair of tweezers. The ones I'm using are Nail art/craft tweezers. You can find these in Duane Reade or any drug store's beauty section. Its around $4-something.

This is going to take a couple of tries, but use the tweezers, find a good grip and pluck the gems off your nails.
Be Patient.
After the gems are off, it might leave the rhinestone backing still on your nail. Dont worry, its very easy to take off. Do not attempt to scratch the silver stuff off.
Once again use your nail polish remover. It should take 1 swipe to get it off, its very easy, actually easier than removing nail polish.
And now its all off! It only takes about 20 minutes :)
Thanks for reading, please comment below and keep following for more updates!



1 comment:

  1. OMGGG <3 THANK YOU SO MUCH D;
    Can yu make one for removing glitter too? :)
    <#

    ReplyDelete