Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Black Cat Tutorial

Hey Guys,
This time we will be doing a nail tutorial inspired by a picture I saw on tumblr :D I thought it would look great on nails so here we are. Pretty easy design and still matches with the spring season. Let's get started!
Hai Derrrr. I'm the going to be the Design today~
Cute right?
Pink color is Essie's : A Crewed Interest. I forgot to add it in the pic but have BLUE paint ready too!
Start off with base coat like always
Put on 2 coats of light pink polish
Prepare Black Acrylic paint. Mix with water if needed.
Start off by drawing a line for the side of the cat.
Draw the Outline of a cat.
Fill it in.
For the tail, paint a curved stroke.
Thicken the line.
Using a dotting tool. Place 2 large white circles on the cat.
While the eyes dry, paint a medium sized circle for the ball of yarn on your thumb.
Try not to make it perfectly circular because yarn balls are usually lumpy.
Draw a string of yarn coming out of it.
Add another.

Pretty straight forward. just follow above
loop-de-loop
Went back in for another stroke. Felt empty
Do whatever string design you like behind the cat.
behind the tail.
Now that the eyes have dried, add the pupils. make the fill up the white. We don't just want specks as pupils.
going in for highlights on the ball of yarn. Mix 
Blue and white for a lighter shade.
Continue and add more if you like.
Add light blue highlights along the string to give more dimension to the design.
Add Topcoat for extra shine and that's all!


I had one more hand pose but it got blurry,so just one picture of the finished product this time :)


Thanks for reading! Comment below and keep following for more updates!







3 comments:

  1. MEOW~ LOL so cute!!
    Its looks so PURRFECT:P
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome idea :) and so cute....I'm gonna try this and I already can see my mum smiling at me because we have cat (hes sleeping right now next to me shhh) and shes gonna think I gone mad putting little cat on my nails lol.....btw. lovely blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Sara.
    It's sooo cute!! Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete